This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
What is a Frenchton?!
What exactly is a Frenchton, you might wonder?
|Eye Color||Black or Brown|
How much is a Frenchton Puppy?
A Frenchton puppy generally costs between $800 and $3,500.
The average lifespan of a Frenchton is 11-15 years.
Compare this to the Frenchie, which has a lifespan of 10-12 years.
|Frenchton||French Bulldog||Boston Terrier|
|11-15 years||10-14 years||13-15 years|
Frenchton Colors & Patterns
- 2-color (bicolor) or 3-color (tricolor)
Full Grown Frenchton Size
When Frenchtons are fully-grown (~2 years old), they usually weigh between 15-25lbs and are 11-15 inches in height.
Other names for a Frenchton
Just as some people call a French Bulldog a Frenchie, other people call the Frenchton a “Boston Bulldog”– but that’s far from it!
- Boston Bulldog
- Boston Frenchie
- Bulldog Terrier
- Faux Boston Terrier
- Faux French Bulldog
- Frenchie Terrier
Frenchton Personality Traits
Frenchton Health Problems
Just like Frenchies and Boston Terriers, Frenchtons are a brachycephalic (fancy word for flat-faced) breed.
This means they’re prone to the same types of breathing issues
|Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome||Mainly consists of stenotic nares and elongated soft palate|
|Stenotic Nares||Pinched/narrow nostrils|
|Elongated Soft Palate||The soft part in the roof of the mouth is too long|
|Tracheal Collapse||Weakening of the cartilage rings of the trachea causing collapse|
To learn more about brachycephalic breeds & their breathing issues, check out our post on French Bulldog Breathing Issues… it all applies to Frenchtons as well!
Frenchton Rescue Groups
You may have luck checking with some French Bulldog Rescue Shelters to see if they are sheltering any Frenchtons!
French Bulldog Rescue Groups
- French Bulldog Rescue Network (North America – US & Canada)
- French Bulldog Village Rescue (United States – Nationwide)
- French Bulldog Rescue Shelter (United States – Nationwide)
- SNORT Rescue (Northeast US – New Jersey)
- Short Noses and Friends United Rescue (Midwest US – Nebraska & Iowa)
- RescueMe.Org Florida
- Adopt a Pet.com
- F.R.O.G.S. (French Bulldog Rescue Of Georgia & Southeast United States)
- Norcal French Bulldog Rescue (Northern California)
- Rocky Mountain French Bulldog Rescue (Colorado)
- Chicago French Bulldog Rescue
Boston Terrier Rescue Shelters
What Kennel Clubs recognize the Frenchton?
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- Designer Breed Registry
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America
- International Designer Canine Registry
Does the AKC recognize the Frenchton?
The American Kennel Club (AKC) does not recognize the Frenchton as one of its official breeds.