Getting your Frenchie
When getting a Frenchie, you have two options…
- Rescue/Adopt a Frenchie— costs less than a breeder, but you don’t get any info about the dog’s history/bloodline (which is important when considering all their genetic health problems)
- Get a Frenchie from a Breeder— more expensive, but you will know exactly what you’re getting (you can pick the color you want too!)
Is a Frenchie right for you?
Before you go out and get your puppy, you should probably make sure a Frenchie is the right fit for you & your family.
Preparing for your puppy
So you’ve decided that a Frenchie is right for you…
I’m sure you can’t wait to bring your Frenchie home— but wait!
When getting a puppy, you don’t want to just wing it…
What you need for your new Frenchie
- Harness and Leash
- A collar and tag
- Toys (a lot of chew toys)
- Food and Water Bowls
- Training Treats
- A comfy bed!
- Puppy gates or pen
- Stain remover
- Grooming supplies
What to do before getting your Frenchie
- Check out the French Bulldog Puppy Checklist
- Puppy proof your home— the process of removing all household dangers they could get into
- Get all the essential puppy supplies