When you’re feeding your Frenchie the best, you’re going to want them to eat from the best.
That means having a high-quality bowl that will last for years to come.
Whether you’re feeding your Frenchie off a paper towel or some random stainless steel bowl you got at your pet store…
There’s more to bowls than just holding their
Some bowls have different purposes
Not all bowls are designed with the same purpose in mind…
- Ergonomic Bowls: Make eating and drinking more comfortable by reducing neck strain. Beneficial for seniors or Frenchies with arthritis.
- Slow Feed Bowls: Slow feed bowls combat quick eating, common in French Bulldogs, reducing risks of bloating and obesity. Their maze-like design makes mealtime a stimulating challenge.
- Plain-Old Bowls: Traditional bowls, while affordable and easy to clean, lack specialized features that accommodate the eating style and physical characteristics of French Bulldogs.
- Travel Bowls: Collapsible and lightweight, travel bowls are perfect for French Bulldogs on the move. Leak-proof designs make transport safe and mess-free.
The Best Bowls for French Bulldogs
Best Elevated Dog Bowls for French Bulldogs
When it comes to Frenchie bowls, I recommend an ergonomic elevated dog bowl.
Elevated bowls reduce the strain on your Frenchies neck & spine by allowing them to eat/drink from a more natural position.
Why elevated dog bowls are good for Frenchies
- Neck and Spine Health: Elevated dog bowls help reduce strain on the neck and spine, especially beneficial for breeds like French Bulldogs which are prone to certain health issues.
- Improved Digestion: Eating at a raised level helps
foodtravel to the stomach more smoothly, aiding in better digestion.
- Cleaner Eating Area: Elevated feeders often make less mess as they prevent the
foodfrom scattering around.
4 Best Elevated Frenchie Bowls
4.5$19.42 ($19.42 / Count)
This elevated bowl has an absolutely adorable Frenchie design but also comes in a few different patterns.
It holds up to 20 fluid oz or 2.5 cups of food — more than enough for even the hungriest Frenchies.Pros:
- Cute Frenchie design
- Non-slip base for messy Frenchies
02/28/2024 02:36 pm GMT
- It's a bit tall — a bit too high for a puppy
This ceramic dog bowl sits on a beautifully designed non-slip base making it both tilted & elevated for maximum ergonomics.
If you're looking for a stylish & ergonomic bowl that won't look out of place in your kitchen, this is the bowl for you.
It's available in both black and white to match your home or Frenchie.Pros:
- Elevated & tilted for maximum ergonomics
- Made from high-quality ceramic that looks nicer than most bowls
02/28/2024 02:45 pm GMT
- 1.5 cup capacity not as much as other bowls
This is the bowl that I use for my Frenchie.
She has it in pink, but it's available in 6 different colors like blue, black, grey, and more!
You can adjust the angle of the bowl which is nice so you can find what your Frenchie prefers, but this makes it only usable as a food bowl.Pros:
- Very easy to clean
- Adjustable bowl angle
02/28/2024 02:56 pm GMT
- The bowl moves around in the base making it unsuitable as a water bowl
This elevated feeder comes with two bowls unlike most others.
Its durable bamboo material has a natural look that looks good in any room and stainless steel bowls make it super easy to clean.Pros:
- 6 adjustable heights
- High-quality bamboo materials
- One of the most common elevated feeders
02/28/2024 05:41 pm GMT
- Some might not be a fan of the logo
Best Travel Dog Bowls for French Bulldogs
Whether you’re going for a walk around the block or a trip around the world, you’re going to need a collapsible travel bowl.
There are a few different designs for travel bowls: from collapsible bowls that can fit in any bag to water bottles with built-in bowls.
Why you need a travel bowl for your Frenchie
- Portability: Travel bowls are easy to pack and bring along on trips, ensuring your Frenchie can eat and drink on the go.
- Convenience: These bowls are typically collapsible or foldable for easy storage.
- Hygiene: Using a dedicated travel bowl prevents your Frenchie from eating or drinking from public or potentially unsanitary sources.
3 Best Travel Bowls for Frenchies
The Buddy Bowl is a spill-proof water bowl for dogs that is perfect for travel and kennels.
The patented funnel design only allows a little water out at a time, so there is less mess.
The Buddy Bowl also helps to reduce evaporation and contamination from dust, dirt, and other airborne particles. It is made in the USA and is available in a variety of colors.Pros:
- Made in the USA
- Spill-proof design
- Available in 3 different colors
- Reduces evaporation and contamination
02/28/2024 02:20 pm GMT
- A bit expensive
- Can be difficult to clean
This is a portable water bottle with a cap that conveniently doubles as a water bowl.
It's available in a whole bunch of different colors to fit you & your Frenchie's style.
It's perfect for keeping your Frenchie hydrated on-the-go.Pros:
- Leak proof design
- BPA-free — safe materials
- Foldable cap doubles as a water bowl
02/28/2024 02:17 pm GMT
- Some people find it hard to squeeze
- Not as portable as a collapsible bowl
Collapsible & convenient— a must-have for traveling, long walks, and long days out of the house.Pros:
02/28/2024 12:09 am GMT
- BPA-free & dishwasher safe
- Folds flat for efficient storage and travel
- Climbing buckle to attach to nearly anything
- Make mealtime easy and quick anywhere, indoors or outdoors
Best Slow Feed Bowls for French Bulldogs
Frenchies eat too fast — this can cause some terrible farting.
Fortunately, there’s an easy fix for this: slow-feed bowls.
Why you need a slow feed bowl for your Frenchie
- Prevents Overeating: Slow feeders prevent dogs from eating their
foodtoo quickly, which can lead to overeating and subsequent health issues.
- Encourages Mental Stimulation: The design of slow feeders typically involves a puzzle-like structure which makes mealtime more of a challenge and mentally stimulates your dog.
- Reduces Risk of Bloating: Eating too fast can cause bloating, which is particularly dangerous for French Bulldogs. Slow feeders help reduce this risk.
4 Best Slow Feed Bowls for Frenchies
There a whole bunch of different colors, shapes, and patterns for slow feed bowls.
If your Frenchie is like most Frenchies, they probably inhale their food like a vacuum cleaner.
This fast eating is what causes most of their gassiness— and this bowl is sure to slow down their eating.
It's made from BPA-free plastic (non-toxic) and has tons of different shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from.Pros:
02/28/2024 11:05 am GMT
- Reduces farting
- BPA-free plastic— safe to eat from
- Multiple fun shapes & colors to choose from
This Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Tray has a low-profile design that is built with flat-faced dogs in mind.
If your Frenchie is weird and likes eating their food off the floor, then they're going to love this one.
Or maybe they just struggle to eat food from the edge of their bowl — this fixes that problem!Pros:
02/28/2024 06:20 pm GMT
- Non-slip & grippy
- Low-profile design built for flat-faced dogs
This SUNDAY HOUND slow-feed bowl has a complex shape that is sure to slow your Frenchie down as much as any bowl could.
If your Frenchie has used other slow-feed bowls and are barely slowed down, you might want to give this one a try.Pros:
- BPA-free non-toxic
- Easy to clean — dishwasher safe
- Complex shape for super slow eating
- Only available in two colors
4.5$14.89 ($14.89 / Count)
This Hifrenchies slow-feed bowl comes with a striped shape available in 5 different colors.
And like any other slow-feed bowl, you bet this will slow down your Frenchie's eating and reduce their farting.Pros:
- Simple elegant design
- Available in 5 different colors
02/28/2024 06:05 pm GMT
- Not the best complex shape so it might not slow them down as much as other slow-feed bowls
Best Looking Dog Bowls for French Bulldogs
While there are some bowls that are best for your Frenchie, they might not be the best for your home.
Fortunately, there are some good-looking bowls that might be the perfect addition to your Frenchie’s corner of your home.
Some of these are ergonomic/elevated, while others are your standard plain-old dog bowl.
Reasons to get a better-looking dog bowl for your Frenchie
- Enhances Home Decor: Stylish bowls can add to your home decor and show your personal style.
- Reflects Pet’s Personality: Unique and good-looking bowls can reflect your pet’s personality.
- Increased Enjoyment: Beautiful designs can make meal times more appealing and enjoyable for both you and your pet.
4 Best Slow Feed Bowls for Frenchies
These ceramic dog bowls have a "Rae Dunn" aesthetic that is loved by many dog owners around the world.
They're also tilted and elevated a little bit, but their good looks are their best quality.Pros:
- Elevated and look great
02/28/2024 06:55 pm GMT
- Can be a bit fragile
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ideal bowl size for a French Bulldog?
Generally, a bowl with a capacity of around 2 to 3 cups is a good size for most adult French Bulldogs. This usually corresponds to a bowl with a diameter of about 7 to 9 inches and a depth of about 2.5 to 3 inches. Some Frenchies might prefer a more shallow bowl though due to their flat faces.
What are the key features to look for in a French Bulldog bowl?
The key features to look for in a French Bulldog bowl include the bowl’s size, durability, material, depth, and design.
French Bulldogs are brachycephalic (short-nosed) dogs, so they can benefit from a shallow, wide dish to make eating easier. Consider non-slip materials to keep the bowl in place while your pet is eating and materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
Is there a specific material that’s best for French Bulldog bowls?
Bowls can be made from various materials including plastic, stainless steel, ceramic, and silicone. Each has its pros and cons.
For example, plastic bowls are lightweight and inexpensive but can harbor bacteria in scratches and dents over time. Stainless steel bowls are durable, easy to clean, and often dishwasher safe. Ceramic bowls are heavier, reducing the chance of your pet moving it around, but they can chip or crack.
Consider your pet’s habits and your cleaning preferences when choosing a bowl.
Are raised bowls better for French Bulldogs?
Raised bowls can be a good choice for some French Bulldogs, especially those with joint issues or digestive problems as they promote a more natural eating posture. However, it’s important to note that some studies suggest a possible correlation between raised bowls and a higher risk of bloat in certain breeds (but Frenchies are not one of these breeds).